This includes the initial upload of imagery and branding.
Google My Business
If you have a Google account, you can create a Google My Business profile. The main advantages are:
- If handled correctly it will let your perspective clients view your company easier as your details will not only appear via the regular search results on the left hand side but also on the right hand side in the “Knowledge Panel”, giving them a second opportunity to click through to your website from the Google results.
- It will also show your business address on the Google Map, which is often shown at the top of Google search results.
- Because the information is indexed by Google, it assists your Google ranking allowing more people to find you in the search results.
To set this up or take ‘ownership’ of your Google My Business listing, you need a Gmail email account, email@example.com.
How to set up a Google email account:
- Go to gmail.com.
- Click Create account.
- The signup form will appear…
- Here, you’ll have an opportunity to set up recovery options.
- Your account will be created, and the Google welcome page will appear.
The next step, is to set up a Google My Business listing for your business, you can do this yourself by using the link https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/business/
Ingredients for your Google My business profile are:
- Logo resized to – 250 x 250 pixels
- Cover photo – 1080 x 608 pixels
- Phone number & business email address
- Brief description of company
- As explained, you will also need a Gmail email address.
A reminder, it is essential to do this if you are considering Google Ads.
It is also important to set up Social Media such as a company Facebook page and/or Twitter as it will help your website get picked up by Google.
Want to go a little further?
You may want to consider Google Adwords to give your Google ranking a boost!
Google AdWords (Pay Per Click) is an advertising service by Google for businesses wanting to display ads on Google search and its advertising network. It allows businesses to essentially pay to have their website higher up the rankings. If your AdWords ad is clicked on, users are then directed to your website and you are charged, out of your budget for the click. Google AdWords is a good way to give your website an initial boost on Google rankings, particularly if you do not have a huge amount of text on your website.
For us to manage a Google Ad for you, we would need you to provide:
- Budget. How much you are willing to spend on the advert, per month.
- What locations/regions you wish to cover (towns, or postcodes etc).
- What key search phrase you want to use for the advert.
Please keep in mind that vague search phrases and larger location areas will be more expensive per click, as they will have more competition.
Using this information, we can then provide you with an estimate for how many clicks your advert will allow, in return for your combination of budget and search phrase. This will determine how long the advert remains active. Once you reach the click limit, the ad will be suspended until the start of the next month. You can of course deactivate the ad at any time.
There are two package options for this service:
Want to read more about related services?
Explore one of the options below