This includes the initial upload of imagery and branding.
Google My Business £50.00 + vat. One off set up fee
(Your Knowledge Panel)
If you have a Google account, you can create a Google My Business profile. The main advantages are:
- If handled correctly it will let your perspective clients view your company easier as your details will not only appear via the regular search results on the left hand side but also on the right hand side in the “Knowledge Panel”, giving them a second opportunity to click through to your website from the Google results.
- It will also show your business address on the Google Map, which is often shown at the top of Google search results.
- Because the information is indexed by Google, it assists your Google ranking allowing more people to find you in the search results.
- You need a Google account (Google My Business) to set up a Google Analytics Account. See details below.
If you want to set this up or take ‘ownership’ of your Google My Business listing yourself as opposed to paying us £50.00 + VAT, you will need a Gmail email account, email@example.com. Please follow the instructions below.
Important: Please understand that if you ask us not to include your business postal address on your website, then we cannot guarantee success with this product. Google’s analytics may not be able to verify your business without an address, so the complete set up procedure and/or the final outcome of your Google My Business (your Knowledge Panel) is something we cannot guarantee.
How to set up a Google email account:
- Go to gmail.com.
- Click Create account.
- The signup form will appear…
- Here, you’ll have an opportunity to set up recovery options.
- Your account will be created, and the Google welcome page will appear.
The next step, is to set up a Google My Business listing for your business, you can do this yourself by using the link https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/business/
Ingredients for your Google My Business (knowledge panel) profile are:
- Logo resized to – 250 x 250 pixels
- Cover photo – 1080 x 608 pixels
- Phone number & business email address
- Brief description of company
- As explained, you will also need a Gmail email address.
A reminder, it is essential to have a Google My Business Knowledge Panel if you are considering a Google Analytics account or Google Ads.
It is also important to set up Social Media such as a company Facebook page and/or Twitter as it will help your website get picked up by Google.
Google My Business Video Verification
- Sign into Google with your username (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org). This will be easier to do on a laptop or desktop computer, with your mobile on hand to record your video if required.
- Go to https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/business/
- Click the blue ‘Manage now’ button.
- This will take you to your control panel where you can edit your business details, add photos and respond to reviews.
- To continue verification, click the ‘Get verified’ button. You are likely to need to upload a video to verify your business.
- Follow Google’s verification instructions.
You are required to prove your location, business type, and ownership in one continuous recording.
Your video is only used for verification and will not be shown publicly.
- Proof of your location – Video the street, a street sign or nearby business
- Proof of your business type – Video your business exterior and interior, products and equipment
- Proof of ownership – Video yourself unlocking your shop/business entrance, or operating a payment tool
Google Analytics Account £50.00 + vat. One off set up fee
We can set up a Google analytics account for your domain and implement tracking on your web pages. You will then be able to login and view details such as:
- How many page views you are getting
- How long users are spending on pages
- Is your website viewed more on mobile, tablet or desktop
- How users are reaching your website (direct, organically, referral)
- Filter by date, month, year etc.
This information can be helpful when marketing your website or determining which pages are performing better than others.
Want to go a little further?
You may want to consider Google Adwords to give your Google ranking a boost!
Google AdWords (Pay Per Click) is an advertising service by Google for businesses wanting to display ads on Google search and its advertising network. It allows businesses to essentially pay to have their website higher up the rankings. If your AdWords ad is clicked on, users are then directed to your website and you are charged, out of your budget for the click. Google AdWords is a good way to give your website an initial boost on Google rankings, particularly if you do not have a huge amount of text on your website.
For us to manage a Google Ad for you, we would need you to provide:
- Budget. How much you are willing to spend on the advert, per month.
- What locations/regions you wish to cover (towns, or postcodes etc).
- What key search phrase you want to use for the advert.
Please keep in mind that vague search phrases and larger location areas will be more expensive per click, as they will have more competition.
Using this information, we can then provide you with an estimate for how many clicks your advert will allow, in return for your combination of budget and search phrase. This will determine how long the advert remains active. Once you reach the click limit, the ad will be suspended until the start of the next month. You can of course deactivate the ad at any time.
There are two package options for this service:
Want to read more about related services?
Explore one of the options below